Accountability and Reliability (STAR) are the foundation for NATE members participating in this initiative for improving safety and recognizing qualified contractors.
Register Now for Live NATE Webinar
On Tuesday, September 27 at 11:00 a.m. EDT Edwin G. Foulke, Jr., former Secretary of Labor for OSHA, will be conducting a live NATE webinar entitled ADA and Safety: How to Assure that Your Company Is Compliant with Both.
Like it or not, compliance with governmental regulations in one area may put you into direct conflict with complying with another set of regulations. That is one of the challenges employers face when they attempt to meet both the requirements for OSHA/safety and ADA regulations. For example, you terminate an employee who has consistently failed to operate his forklift in a safe manner, despite repeated warnings and training. What you do not know is that a protected medical condition is behind his poor performance -- which means you had a duty to work towards a reasonable accommodation instead of showing him the door. The mistake is understandable, but it is one that can cost your organization dearly. This program will provide participants with an understanding of employee accommodation requirements under ADA, strategies to make sure both the workplace safety and ADA programs are aligned in areas such as return-to-work, drug and alcohol use, and modified work, and legal approaches to consider when things get complicated.
This free, one-hour webinar will examine:
• How recent changes to the ADA have increased your accommodation obligations;
• What to do when you suspect a protected health condition is behind an employee’s poor safety performance;
• How the ADA can affect your return-to-work and modified duty policies and procedures;
• When it is a good idea to call in outside counsel rather than trying to handle a potentially explosive situation on your own; and
• How to handle the tricky issue of employee drug and alcohol use in an ADA-compliant manner.
CLICK HERE to register now!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
September/October 2016• Volume 22 • Issue 5