Accountability and Reliability (STAR) are the foundation for NATE members participating in this initiative for improving safety and recognizing qualified contractors.
Protecting Your Workplace from the Unimaginable: Developing a Proactive Workplace Violence Prevention and Response Strategy
On Thursday, June 16, Edwin G. Foulke, Jr., former Secretary of Labor for OSHA, conducted a live NATE webinar entitled “Protecting Your Workplace from the Unimaginable: Developing a Prevention and Response Strategy for Workplace Violence and Catastrophic Accidents”.
Topics discussed include:
• the different types of workplace violence;
• the risk of experiencing workplace violence;
• potential risk factors of workplace violence;
• the warning signs and potential for violence by employees;
• the proactive development of preventive measures and actions;
• the scope of the employer’s legal duties and potential liabilities;
• how to handle incident response and investigations; and
• 12 point action plan to prevent workplace violence.
May/June 2016• Volume 22 • Issue 3